2021 SCHEDULE: NJ BOATING BASICS
Safety First Boating School offers a wide range of class times, schedules, and locations for your convenience. All course materials are provided.
* Two day classes
Click on class date to REGISTER.
Turnersville, New Jersey 08012 4 Willow St
NJ Boating Safety Class - Washington Twp Ambulance Hall - November 9 & 11, 20216:30pm - 10:00pm
New Jersey Boating Basics
Earn Your Mandatory New Jersey Boating Safety Certificate
There are two minimum age requirements for operating a powered vessel in New Jersey:
• You must be at least 13 years of age to operate:
– Vessels powered by electric trolling motors
– Vessels 12 feet or longer with less than 10 total horsepower
• You must be at least 16 years of age to operate all other power vessels, including personal watercraft (this includes out-of-state residents)
Our NJ Boating Basics curriculum meets the State of New Jersey Division of State Police Marine Law Enforcement requirements for powerboat safety education. An experienced, USCG-licensed captain will lead you through the course to help you gain skills and information essential to general boating safety and the safe operation of powerboats and personal watercraft.
Two Class Formats
The New Jersey Safe Boating course is eight hours long.
• Two 3 1/2-hour, instructor-led sessions (requires one hour of home study)
• One 8-hour instructor-led session (no home study)
Upon successful completion of the 8-hour course, which includes a 60-question exam, you’ll receive your New Jersey Boating Safety Certificate. This certificate must be carried when operating any powerboat or PWC in New Jersey.
Course fee: $75 (Both one day or two evening course)